I've made this, my GD Cobra build website, to illustrate my progress during my sessions in the garage.
My Cobra build has been, and continues to be, a very challenging and rewarding experience. The sum -and difference- of the whole, really is, what makes it for me. The WoW factor coming after the research, the sourcing, the drilling, the cutting, and the doing of something that is not within my comfort zone.
My build has also allowed me to delve into and revive my dormant woodworking, metalwork and tech'-drawing skills. I also had to get to grips with the vagaries of GRP manipulation, compounding, and finishing; and this is where a cursory knowledge of meteorology was useful too.
The intricacies of the Dremel was something I hadn't realized would be such an important skill to master. And last but not least, the varied and decidedly nebulous world of electrical jiggery-pokery was something that was (to me) most important to understand and get to grips with.
And in those themes, I am very pleased that my build is progressing nicely. I do like to understand what's going on, and the 'why' is important to me. Moreover, and contrary to popular belief, you really don't have to be a whiz-bang mechanic to get the job done...
Loads of research and self-doubt are enablers enough to focus you to get it right and done properly, and getting oily is a personal option -or not as the case might be.
- My build articles at the bottom of this page take you to the interesting stuff i.e. what's going on in the garage
- The 'Pre-Build' link takes you to the pages containing my shenanigans up to the point of me taking delivery
- I also have a 'Facebook' page set up where we can openly collaborate. Please send me a request to view & post
- The Links and Contact pages have some useful information too
- I've also put additional build photos in the galleries menu
The plan is to be on the road by Summer 2018
Oh! by the way, I'm a retired civil servant... So here goes...
Build Articles Listing
If you don't see it, I haven't started it.
(The default sorting is Alphabetical, but you can sort on any column by clicking on the header)