I've made this, my Gardner Douglas (GD) Cobra build website, to illustrate my progress during my sessions in the garage; and so far the build has been a pleasantly challenging and rewarding experience. The WoW factor coming after the research, the sourcing, the measuring, the drilling and cutting, and the doing of things that are not within my comfort zones.
The build has also caused me to revive my dormant woodwork, metalwork and tech-drawing skills, and I also had to get to grips with the vagaries of GRP manipulation and compounding and finishing; and this is where a cursory knowledge of meteorology was useful too.
The intricacies of the Dremel was something I hadn't realized would be such an important skill to master either. And last but not least, the varied and decidedly nebulous world of electrical jiggery-pokery was something that [to me] was a very important topic of understanding.
And in those themes, I am very pleased that my build is progressing very nicely. I do like to know and understand what's going on, and the 'why' is important to me.
Loads of research and self-doubt are enablers enough to focus you to get the build right and done properly, and contrary to popular belief you really don't have to be a whiz-bang mechanic to get the job done... getting oily is a personal option -or not as the case might be.
- The 'Pre-Build' link takes you to the pages containing my shenanigans up to the point of me taking delivery
- My build articles (at the bottom of this page) takes you to the interesting stuff i.e. what's going on in the garage
- I've also put additional build photos for all articles in the 'Galleries' menu. This is located on the right-hand side of each page.
- The 'Links' and 'Contact' pages have some useful information too
- There is a 'Facebook' page set up where we can openly collaborate. Please send me a request to view & post
- And I've put together a YouTube page for my videos... The link is Here
The plan is to be on the road by Early'ish 2019
Oh! by the way, I'm a retired civil servant... So here goes!
Build Articles Listing
If you don't see it, I haven't started it, or there's not enough to write about.
(The default sorting is Alphabetical, but you can sort on any column by clicking on the header)